September 15, 2010

GREG

SEP 12, 2010
DFW-MCO

WHY ON THIS FLIGHT: Headed home from my sons football game against Abilene High, played in Desoto, Texas. Yee Haw! We won 24 to 21. Abilene ranked No. 5 in the nation, Cocoa is ranked No. 96 in the nation. Three out of four Florida teams won in this weekends Desoto Classic.

FUN FACT: My son Bryan is the twelfth man on his football team. Since becoming a member of the team his freshman year, the team has won two State Championships. He is now a senior and his team is predicted to win another state title. Bryan has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, but loves football.

BUCKET LIST: My wife and I want to visit the Mediterranean including Greece. African safari, own a mega yatch. Stay in Manhattan during Christmas. Visit Tahiti

GUILTY PLEASURE: Spend three months out of the year cruising on a mega yacht. Be a professional sports fan and fly around the country watching football, baseball and basketball. Go hunting three months out of the year.

*MY TWO CENTS: I didn’t know what 12th man meant so I had to look it up on Wikipedia: “Since most football leagues allow a maximum of eleven players per team on the playing field at a time, the term denotes the attempt of a team's fans to help their team. The presence of fans can have a profound impact on how the teams perform.”

He is not kidding when he says that Bryan really loves football. Bryan was asking me to put it on the football channel before we even took off from DFW. Unfortunately, we don’t have direct TV and was unable to play the game for him. He asked about hearing it on the radio. I did the next best thing, I asked the pilots to give us the score to the Cowboys/Redskins game. They were able to give us a score or two. Luckily I made it to the layover hotel to catch the last 10 mins. of play….WOW! It was very exciting. Too bad about the holding penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment