May 25, 2011

JIM

MAY 8, 2011

ABQ-IND

WHY ON THIS FLIGHT: Returning to childhood home for stepfather's funeral

FACT: I've enjoyed aviation since being a boy following the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and shuttle astronauts. Now I work as a flight nurse.

BUCKET LIST: Many cities in the US, so far no International travel

GUILTY PLEASURE:Chocolate binges of Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Dazs, Lindt's....any pharmaceutical grade chocolate.

*MY TWO CENTS*: I have always loved aviation as well. When I was in high school I thought about going to the Air Force academy. Once this San Diego girl found out it was in Colorado, I decided on a California State school. I have had the unique opportunity to meet a "real life" astronaut... I had James "Jim" Lovell from Apollo 13. To date, the most awe inspiring person to meet on board. He was so nice and signed all kinds of things for EVERY kid on board that day. He truly is amazing, not flying to the moon just once, but 2 times. He is only one of three people that have been to the moon 2 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment